Fire Damper Survey
Fire dampers are mechanical shutters housing all building services, such as wires, pipes and cables. They feature a closing device designed to shut automatically when there’s a fire. When triggered, the shutter is automatically closed to seal the fire compartment, preventing the spread of flames.
A fire damper survey is required every six months to ensure all critical components are working and the damper closes as it should. Poor installation or maintenance can result in fire dampers becoming rusted, disintegrated or too dirty to work efficiently.
BS 9999:2017 states regular fire damper surveys must be carried out by a competent person. At Adaston, our staff are highly trained and experienced in conducting fire damper surveys to ensure your fire safety systems are safe and compliant.
Our comprehensive fire damper testing appointments include:
- Locating all fire dampers in the building and creating an inventory
- Thorough inspections and “drop tests” to ensure full working order
- Maintenance of all dampers, including oiling and cleaning of each section
- Advice on damaged dampers requiring remediation or replacement
- A full report outlining the work carried out and any recommendations for improvement. If no remedial work is required, your report will confirm your compliance with the relevant legislation
To protect your building and safeguard its occupants, contact us today for your bespoke plan.Contact Us
Scope of works and deliverables agreed • Full fire strategy of the building provided by the client • Deadlines and timetable agreed, including any out of hours work required
Work as agreed in the scope is coordinated and performed • This will be delivered by our in house firestopping team accredited by IFC and cleared and insured
Finalise and issue our tailored report detailing findings from the scope of works • Adaston advise on next steps if required and provide continued support