Fire Safety Management
Adaston have a specialist in house team delivering fire safety services. This team has a vast amount of experience in this field including individuals who have served in the fire brigade.
Fire risk assessments
Since the introduction of the Regulatory Reform (Fire Safety) Order 2005 a Fire Risk Assessment must be carried out within all businesses and organisations. Most companies don’t have the required skills to assess the risks and define the necessary corrective actions.
The responsibility for carrying out a Fire Risk Assessment places a duty on a Responsible Person, to ensure the safety of all the people they are directly or indirectly responsible for, under the Regulatory Reform (Fire Safety) Order 2005, including staff, contractors, sub-contractors, agency workers, visitors and disabled people.
To assist in this duty, the Responsible Person, may appoint a competent person to assist in this duty. The competent person must have sufficient training, experience, knowledge and other qualities to carry out these duties.
Adaston will work with the ‘responsible person’ to carry out a fire risk assessment, ensuring compliance with the Regulatory Reform (Fire Safety) Order 2005 (RRO). A full site inspection from our fire risk assessors will produce a detailed Fire Risk Assessment and will identify the necessary steps to improve fire safety in your premises.
Your comprehensive Fire Risk Assessment identifies possible hazards as well as the actions you need to take to keep the people on your premises safe. It needs to be kept up to date and reviewed on a regular basis, in particular when something changes that could affect fire safety or you have any other reason to suspect that it is no longer valid (e.g. a change in occupancy, in the building, in nature of contents or after a fire).
Our reports are specific to each building, taking into consideration the building occupancy, activities, construction and management. They include:
- Executive summary detailing if there are any significant actions required and the severity of these using a ‘traffic light’ system;
- Building risk rating based on the assessment by the fire risk assessor;
- Comment on whether remedials are needed from a compliance or best practice perspective;
- Photographic evidence and detailed descriptions of any non-compliances noted; and
Adaston work on all types of building including multi-occupancy, social housing, hospitals, commercial and residential.
Fire safety services
Adaston provides a comprehensive offering of fire safety services. Whether these be actions identified from a fire risk assessment or from a compliance review, the following services can be provided:
- Fire strategy drawings
- Fire Safety Policy – What the responsible person must put in place for all fire safety arrangements
- Fire Emergency Plan – Actions to be taken in a fire and to assist with the evacuation
- Fire Evacuation Procedure – This is part of your Fire Emergency Plan
- Fire Warden training and their day to day responsibilities
- Fire Extinguisher training including practical use
- Fire Evacuation training
- Evacuation Chair including practical use
- Evacuation Ski Pad including practical use